Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
MRC - Half-size build report (2011)
Ladders in progress. Markus, I decided to try cutting your ladders again rather than scratch-building my own as I did last time. Experience and better blades (#11 scalpel blades in place of hobby blades) make a huge difference, but they're still very fragile.

[Bild: Img_1257a.jpg]

Ladders in place.

[Bild: Img_1260a.jpg]

By the way, if you were wondering why there's some color inside the wings (and elsewhere), my yellow ink cartridge was nearly empty when I was printing the first page, so I stopped the print, replaced the cartridge, and reprinted on the other side of the paper. :-)

I'm building the side walls, and thought I'd show how the "glazed" windows go together, at least the way I'm doing it:

[Bild: Img_1262a.jpg]

The "glazing" is 0.1 mm clear plastic that was a protective sheet over the monitor of my laptop. I knew I'd find a use for it some day, and it's a lote easier to work with than the thicker stuff from clamshell packaging. In the image, the strips of plastic are the same width as the window cutouts, their length matches the height of the inside of the wall, and the two small tabs on the window frame sit one to each side of the plastic, trapping it in place. I did glue the plastic strips down, but I don't trust white PVA glue to work well for *any* plastic.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: MRC - Half-size build report (2011) - von Mike Hungerford - 29.04.2011, 19:09

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste